1. How much does a session cost?
$110 per hour for individual LSAT tutoring, in person or
$100 per hour per person for online LSAT tutoring with Tara
Rates starting at $55 per hour for individual LSAT tutoring from one of my other tutors – check out the Rates and Packages page for more info
2. Where do we meet for our sessions?
Generally I meet my clients at a public library located in Vaughan.
However, if you are located outside the Toronto Area – we can also meet on Skype for our sessions. Or you can meet with one of my other tutors at various other locations in downtown Toronto and the GTA.
3. How much time should I be spending studying on my own?
I would recommend spending at least 4 hours on your own for every hour of tutoring you receive. However, some areas you will be stronger in and will require slightly less time.
4. What if I have a quick question with the questions I am doing at home after our sessions?
I am always available via e-mail or text message. You can always e-mail me a quick question if you are stuck with your studying or have a brief question you need help with. I am always available to my clients (and I would not charge you for a quick question outside of our sessions!)
5. How much will my LSAT score increase?
I cannot offer you a guarantee for how much your score will increase, since the time you put in on your own reviewing what you learned in our sessions is just as valuable as our sessions. However, with that said, all of my clients so far have seen great improvements in their scores.
6. What if I live outside the GTA, where would we do our tutoring sessions?
I also offer tutoring via Skype. I will e-mail you the questions and handouts at the beginning of every sessions that we will be going over. Then we will have a video chat to conduct the tutoring sessions – so that the sessions are just virtually “face-to-face” instead. I have tutored clients in Waterloo, Ottawa, Barrie, Kingston, etc. who have found this method successful.
Tutoring via Skype can also be useful if you are busy and can’t meet somewhere but still want to have your tutoring session.
7. How many different types of questions are there for the Logical Reasoning section? How many sessions would we need to go over them?
There are 11 main types of logical reasoning questions. Generally I spend 1 hour on each type depending on your strengths and weaknesses. The amount of time spent on each question type ranges for each individual.
8. How many different types of questions are there for the Analytical Reasoning (logic game) section? How many sessions would we need to go over them?
There are 5 main types of logic game questions. However, within the Linear and Grouping type of questions there are subcategories, such as balanced and unbalanced. Generally, most individuals require 6 one hour sessions to complete all of the logic games.
However, most students find the logic games to be the most difficult section so the time spent may change depending on the students needs.
9. How many different types of questions are there for the Reading Comprehension section? How many sessions would we need to go over them?
There are 6 main passage purposes and of these passages the topics will range between law, humanities, social science and natural science topics.
I would recommend at least 3 hours to go over the entire reading comprehension section.